Welcome to French!
In this theme, you will learn how to introduce yourself and how to give some basic details about yourself, your family and your pets. You’ll also learn how to ask people for information about themselves.
- Games and mini-tests to help you to learn the French alphabet.
- L’alphabet – just in case you lose your class copy.
- Alphabet_des_animaux – a lovely resource
- fingerspelling – so that you can learn your alphabet a slightly different way.
- mon premier dictionnaire – some weird and wonderful words in French.
- abecedaire – booklet improve your dictionary skills & make your own dictionary.
Chiffres 0 – 31
- Games and mini-tests to help you to learn your numbers.
- Zut is an excellent site – it has loads of games and exercises to help you to learn French. We have a subscription in school – ask you French teacher for the password if you’re going to use it in school time, but the good news is that it’s free after 4pm, at the weekend and during the holidays!
- La planète des chiffres – an oddball game to help you to learn your numbers! Click on the headphones to hear the number you need, then zap those aliens!
- Cheesy song – to practice numbers 1 – 10. Go on, I dare you!
- Il y a combien de? Little exercise to practice numbers.
- Link to words to songs and print activities for the above 2 activities and a few more.
- Cheesy song to practice numbers 11 – 20.
- Maths activity – numbers 11 – 20.
- Comptez! Counting activity – numbers 11 – 20.
- Link to words to songs and print activities for numbers 11 – 20.
- numbers 1 – 20 workbook – activity booklet to practice numbers 1 – 20.
- numbers 20 – 40 workbook – activity booklet to practice numbers 20 – 40.
Les mois et les saisons
- Fanfold – les mois – if you lose your copy, here’s one you can download!
- Les mois et les saisons puzzles – practice your months vocab.
- Les mois et les saisons exemplar – this is what you should have written into each box of your les mois et les saisons poster.
- Les mois et les saisons template – in case you lose your copy.
- les dates d’anniversaire – class presentation to help you to write dates.
- months days and the date – presentation on how to write the date in French – thanks to the French teachers in New Zealand site for this one.
- Zut on days, months and presents – ask your teacher for the password if you are using this in school time. It’s free after 4pm, at the weekend, or in the school holidays.
- Quel mois? Click on the sound buttons to hear the month and then type in the month.
- Days and months online wordsearch.
- Rangez les mois – a listening activity.
- Pairs with a twist. Days and months.
- Les mots rapides – days and months.
- comptines – days and months rhymes.
- joindre les mois – join the beginnings and endings of the words.
- Les mois en spirale – Mots en spirale – spiral months and days.
- Les mois de l’année – arranging activities.
- les mois reading comprehension
- Ma famille – brothers and sisters – class presentation.
- Ma famille – brothers and sisters – worksheet to go with class presentation.
- ma famille puzzles – to help you to practice the vocab.
- Listen to vocabulary on family members – shows you how to say “my” in French.
- Activity to practice family vocab.
- Exercise on family members.
- Zut activities on all sorts of things to do with talking about yourself – including family.
- les animaux presentation – class presentation
- Tu as un animal à la maison – vocab sheet – goes with the presentation bove.
- fanfold – les animaux – in case you lose your class copy
- Les animaux et les couleurs – talking about colours of animals
- Les Animaux domestiques et les animaux sauvages – broadening it a little.
- Les_animaux_puzzles – for you to practice your vocab.
- Lots of listening exercises & activities to help you learn animal vocab.
- zut exercises on animals – ask your teacher for the password if you are using this in school time. It’s free after 4pm and at weekends and during the holidays.
- Activity to practice pets vocab.
- Activity to practice talking about what colour your pet is.
- Cheesy song (this one is a particular favourite of mine – practically Camembert!) on animals.
- Link to sheets to print off about pets.
- Chanterelles – Tu as un animal? – The original and the best cheesy song about animals.