We will cover material relating to the following 4 themes:
- Personal and Social Life
- The Local Community
- The World of Work
- The Wider World
Useful resources for GCSE French
- GCSE topic based vocab – a useful resource for learning vocab – your vocab tests will come from here!
- Wordle – create word clouds to help in your speaking and writing preparation
- Word Reference – the best online dictionary around
- Voki– create speaking avatars to help you to practice your pronunciation.
- Task magic– download a home version from here so you can play games with your school TM files.
- learning vocab strategies – Start here for tips, tricks and strategies to help you learn your vocab.
- You can find a blank fanfold grid here: blank fanfold grid
- GCSE Bitesize – the original and best revision site.
- A game from GCSE bitesize: Destination Death – absolutely brilliant!
- Wordreference – the best online dictionary around.
- The French Revision site – lots of games and activities to help you to revise – there are also links to edexcel past papers – not the board we use, but really useful as the same vocab is tested.
- RealFrench.net – lots of practice organised into easy to access units.
- Bitesize Bingo – to help you to learn your vocab
- Task Magic games for revision – and a version of Task Magic that you can download onto your home computer
- Zut – a good resource for all areas of the WJEC specification
- S-Cool French – a good all-round resource – has exam-style questions on it.
- WildFrench – some simple reading exercises – good to help you practice vocab.
- Past papers to complete – they’re from Edexcel, but still have the same types of questions.
- Words that sound the same – practise the words you mix up.
- listening practice – lots of audio tracks to help you to revise for your listening paper.
- Free Rice – a fun game where you can help to donate rice whilst revising vocab.
- Revision World – a website you need to create an account for, but has some useful video resources.
- TV5 – lots of challenging resources on this site, which is a French site aimed at learners.