- Exhaustive page of notes and help with Grammar: French Grammar Central
- A video on describing people’s appearance and characteristics.
- Adjectives booklet.
- Comparative adjectives
- Video on the negative form – ne … pas
- Video on negation – lots of other negative forms
- About.com on la négation
- Tex French Grammar – an exhaustive set of lessons on negation with exercises
- A good selection of more advanced negative expressions.
- Some exercises to practice your negation.
- An excellent video to explain it all can be found here.
- The presentation on the video can be found here: Regular verbs present tense
- This is a worksheet to go along with the Present tense in French
Alors on danse – a unit of work based on the song by Stromae looking at the perfect tense
- Alors on danse – booklet– student work book using “Alors on danse” as a way into the present tense
- Alors on danse – accompanying slides – ppt to accompany booklet
Alors on danse – video
Perfect Tense – Le Passé Composé
- A really good video can be seen here.
- Here’s another video which deals specifically with the verbs which take être – meet Mrs Vandertramp!
- Perfect Tense with avoir – good old GCSE bitesize does it again!
- Perfect Tense with être – more GCSE Bitesize
- Tex French Grammar – a more in-depth explanation for those of you who like to have practice sessions as well. This link is to the avoir page – jump to the être page and reflexive verbs pages for more information.
- An excellent video about the future tenses here.
- Future tense verbs – regulars only – a sheet to go along with the previous video which gives you a place to note down the exercises as you go through.
- Future tense verbs – including irregulars – another sheet – this time including the irregulars.
- Another excellent video on how to form the future tenses can be found here. Futur proche is the first 2:45, futur simple takes over from then until 7:30, and then we have the futur antérieur (which you don’t usually need for GCSE!)
- GCSE Bitesize on the future tenses
- Tex French Grammar on the Futur proche
- Tex French Grammar – futur simple